Saturday, July 24, 2010

omg, it is July!

As the months fly by, I watch as summer slips by like sand falling through wide-spread fingers.  I cup my hands together, squeezing the ten digits tight, in attempt to hold on to the remainder of these long days of warmth and light.  Summer is usually a time of lightness, a beautiful blend of freedom, growth, and personal satisfaction.  With the sun offering 18 hours of light it seems that even the laziest days are filled with fun activities. 
The deal is... I returned to the US of A 2 months ago, and this girl was b.r.o.k.e.!  Dipping into the savings is not a regret, for I was able to see some of the most amazing things in the the world!  But now, I have to work my booty off in order to make up for it.  I had a mid-summer "panic" last week- what am I doing?!  I only see the gorgeous mountains and river systems that surround the valley I choose to live in on my way to work(S).  Work, work, work!  Three jobs start to sneak into my every day, so that getting a full day off can be a rarity.  I haven't sat in the sun with a cup of coffee and a book yet this summer, not to mention- no floats down the river, zero mountains climbed, not even much more than a handful of runs on the trail systems a few meters from my front door.  
It is time to focus, time to remember what I want in life!
I honor that all things in life ebb and flow. On the inhales we are full, and on the exhales we are empty.  In the winters we hibernate and in the summers we grow.  Unfortunately, my creative side and adventurous spirit are on the exhale as I inhale big gulps on work and tourists invading the town.  Eight weeks left of "summer proper" and my awareness as something missing if high.  It is time to remember that balance is a key to life.  
This week I have cleared off the jewelry desk and made some pairs of earrings to sell at the yoga studio.   I also found the time to go on a fun hike, seeing a cave in Idaho I had never even heard of!
This week I am setting new goals and standards for the days and months to come!
 
... i just thought I would let all those blog followers know that I did make it off the Perito Moreno Glacier and that my commitment to finding wonder in the every-day adventures has been reclaimed... 
Amen! (and xo)